1 Oct 2013

Make a Pen stand at home

I used to keep all my pens and pencils in a cup or can on my study table until i tried this cool idea of DIY. Now I have made 2 pen-holders for myself and one for my sister(I dont like to waste money on buying things whick i can make at home.). This is really a great tutorial as you can paint it to match the color coordination of your room and your taste. Now the steps to make a beautiful Pen -Stand at home goes as follows--

1)  Take few ice cream sticks. You can use any type of sticks if they are available 'flattened'.
1111
2) And of course some colors to paint them.2222

3) Paint them as you want. You can use water colors, acrylic paint or whatever you like but i suggest not to use water colors as they tend to lose their briskness after sometime placed in dust or touched with wet hands.
3333
4) I painted them from a dark to light shade. I made a 4 sided box, so i chose 4 different color shade for each side.
4444
5)  you can use these painted sticks in paintings too for making fences or something like that.
5
6) this is the one my sister made few months ago(I haven't finished mine yet! was busy posting :)).
ice-cream-stick-creative-usage
I save money by making things at home and not spending in the shops. I have bought a domain name and hosting services from my pocket money and i am content that i used it a better way. love blogging.
I hope you liked this tutorial. like this post or send me feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment